The initial requirement for this project was to create structures made from different materials, experimenting with processes of creation, and shapes, not thinking about the use or meaning.
The following task was to write down ideas on what the structures could be turned to as well as ideas and feelings they could evoke.
Sea
Wind
Deconstruction
Abandon
Caos
Nature against building
Tornado
Open pavilion
Open gallery
Walk in book
Statement
Literature
Weather
Caos vs Order
Water
Melancholy
Past, Present, Future
Nostalgia
Beauty
Perfection vs Imperfection
Philosophy
Mind
Cultures
Maze
Suffer
Pain
Tranquility
Peace
Confusion
Ode
Urbanism
Poetry
Forgiveness
Maturity
Landscapes
Home
Parting from these words, I created the main idea for the project. I would use one of my structure to create an Ode to Federico Garcia Lorca (Spanish poet) by building an open pavilion which would recreate an open poem about the sea he wrote.
T H E B A L L A D O F T H E S E A
| Federico García Lorca | |
|
The structure chosen was the following one, which I used as a base and rough idea on how the final pavilion would look like, and the words chosen where; Sea, Nature, Open pavilion, Literature, Poetry, Ode, Culture and Beauty.
From this point, I started sketching some ideas and researching in depth about the poet.
The pavilion would have the poem written on the inside walls, moreover, it would have a structure metal as a roof resembling the waves that would make the viewers feel like in the sea while reading the poem, creating a deep feeling of empathy for the poet and the sea.
The location chosen comes from the relationship the Spanish poet had with the artist Salvador Dalí. Baring in mind that it was Dalí who encouraged Lorca to draw and illustrate his poems, their friendship lasted for year until the death of the poet. Therefore the location is to be set in Salvador Dalí's house in Cadaqués, which has been turned into a museum nowadays. Something I wanted to introduce into this project was the actual political situation in Spain, Catalunya (where Cadaqués is) wanting the independence dividing this county into two ideological and political sides. What I was looking for was a location that the Sevillian poet could be related to and at the same time create a feeling of what Spain is as a country.
The final outcome was not personally satisfying, having researched deeply and created a strong idea, I was not able to create the final model/outcome I desired. The pavilion was the first project in the 3D pathway, and I struggled to adapt to the new process of creation, which had drastically changed form rotation weeks. Project where now set and executed within a week including research. Although I struggled to get it all done, if was the first attempt to create something from scratch, form a rough structure, so I was pleased with my idea generation.






No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario